Friday, June 1, 2012

About Do you only file state taxes in the state in which you worked? My 1040 says Nev. but I didn't work there.

Do you only file state taxes in the state in which you worked? My 1040 says Nev. but I didn't work there.?
The 1040 I received came from Reno, NV. but I worked for this company in NY.
United States - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You file state taxes where you "live" and/or "work", depending upon regulations for those states. The state where your employer is headquartered has nothing to do with it. If you lived and worked in NY, you should have had your employer withhold NY taxes if a W-2 employee or "you" should have filed whatever estimated taxes for NY if a 1099 contractor.
Read more other entries :
Reno or Los Vegas? which is better to move and fin...
About What can i do and where to do community serv...